The Moneybox Inclusion Committee launched 22 months ago, with a mission to drive diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) at Moneybox. Read on for the Committee’s latest update.
Diversity, equity and inclusion survey
Overall, we saw very positive results from this survey, with an inclusion and equity score of 4.2 out of 5. Plus, we got a score of 4.6 out of 5 for questions about being treated equally and with respect in the workplace.
The survey also helped us identify a few key areas for action – read more below.
Gender diversity in our Tech Teams
We want to encourage more gender diversity in our Tech Teams. So, we’re partnering with Girl Code, SheCanCode and Code First Girls to help us do just that. Here’s a little overview of what those organisations do:
- GirlCode is a female and non-binary career-focussed online community and consultancy. They’re on a mission to support and inspire female software engineers throughout their careers, with the aim to make it easier to enter and remain in the industry and close the gender tech gap.
- Starting life as a blog, SheCanCode has evolved into a platform with an active women-in-tech support hub. It provides tools and resources for women who are already in tech careers, or who are considering entering or transitioning into tech.
- Code First Girls is transforming tech by providing the skills, confidence and inspiration for women to become kick-ass developers, data whizzes and future tech leaders.
We’re planning to sponsor four women, a mix of grads and career changers, to join our Engineering and QA teams and kickstart their careers in tech later this year! We’ve already made offers to three candidates, and they’ll join Moneybox once they’ve completed their training.
We’ve added a statement to all our job adverts to highlight to all potential candidates our commitment to DE&I. We’re continuing to regularly analyse the diversity of our candidates, from application to offer, as well as asking how inclusive candidates feel we are as a business, based on their interview experience. We’re really pleased to see these results improving over time and will work hard to ensure that it continues!
Our survey results show that overall, feelings of trust, belonging and inclusion are high, but there was one question, about knowing how to speak out if you saw an example of bias or non-inclusive behaviour, that we felt we could score higher on.
To address that, we’re reviewing our current processes to ensure there’s a clear way to report any instances of non-inclusive behaviour. We’ll also be hosting some more DE&I Lunch and Learns to further open up these conversations and create space for learning & discussion.
Our Inclusion Steering Committee
We hosted our first Inclusion Steering Committee meeting at the end of February 2022, hearing from across the business about the key DE&I initiatives that we’re working on, such as:
- Our Customer Operations team is spearheading an accessibility forum to better support our vulnerable customers.
- The Product Design team is improving our app design to aid visually impared customers.
It was a great opportunity for members of the Moneybox team to ask questions and make suggestions for future projects too.
We’re also partnering again with ReachOut this year – a mentoring charity that supports young people from economically disadvantaged communities. Over the past few months, Moneybox team members from across the business have started mentoring their young mentees, providing all kinds of advice, support and career guidance.
Stay tuned for more updates, or check out our Careers page if you’re interested in joining us!