We know that lots of our customers have children with doting grandparents, guide parents, aunts and uncles, and everything in-between who want to contribute to their future.
So we launched an exciting new feature that allows partners, family, and friends to contribute to your child’s JISA easily and gives you more flexibility over how you manage it. Introducing, Junior ISA Gifts! Here’s everything you need to know about Junior ISA Gifts, to invest for your child’s future.
What is Junior ISA Gifts?
This much-requested feature enables partners, family, and friends to contribute £100 or more quickly and easily via your unique link. Receive as many gifts as you like, up to the £9,000 Junior ISA allowance each tax year.
It’s easy to do – just head in-app to generate your unique gift link which you can share with close ones. All they need to do is confirm their name, email, and gifted amount. Plus, they’ll have the chance to leave a personal message along with their gift.
Once received, all gifts will be held in your child’s JISA as Available Cash, which you can invest when you’re ready. All payments are securely made via bank transfer. You’ll get an email to confirm when you’ve received a gift and the money has landed in your Junior ISA.
Ready to explore Junior ISA Gifts? Head in-app to Accounts > Junior ISA > Junior ISA Gifts to get started. Just make sure you’re on the latest version of the app.
A free gift for the top 100
The first 100 children to receive a gift into their JISA will get a personalised card in the post, so they can share in the good news too!
If you’re one of the first 100 to receive a gift, we’ll be in touch within three days to confirm that you’d like your child to get a card. T&Cs apply. Head in app to share your link and be in with a chance of being in the first 100!
Teaching your kids about money
Introducing money management to children early on can help them build better relationships with money and healthy financial habits later in life. A Junior ISA is a great way to do this, while under close supervision.
The Moneybox JISA allows you to invest up to £9,000 per tax year for your child’s future – and it won’t impact your personal annual allowance of £20,000! Any parent or guardian can open a JISA for a child under the age of 18 as long as you’re both UK residents.
With a Moneybox JISA, you have access to lots of handy features and capabilities to help manage your JISA, including:
- Transfer other JISA accounts to Moneybox
- Earn 2.1% AER* (variable) on any money held as cash in your Moneybox Junior ISA, before investing it
- Instant bank transfers
- Deposit, buy and sell using funds held as Available Cash
- Access a wide range of tracker funds
- Open JISAs for multiple children
Please note, only existing Moneybox customers can currently open a Moneybox JISA. If you’re not a Moneybox customer but wanted to open a Moneybox JISA, you could choose to download the app and open a different account first.
Learn more about how the Moneybox JISA works using the button below.
Important to know
*% AER (annual equivalent rate) is the rate you will earn after a year, including compounding.
All investing should be regarded as long term (min. 5 years). The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
JISA Gift Link: First 100 cards terms and conditions
This promotion is operated by Digital Moneybox Limited, a limited company registered in England & Wales with the company number 09597755 whose registered office is Suite 1.07 1-2 Hatfields, London SE1 9PG (“Moneybox”, or “we” / “us” / “our”).
How to enter and eligibility
- To qualify for this promotion you must:
- have or open a Junior ISA (“JISA”) Account via the Moneybox app;
- share your unique JISA Gifting Link, available on the Moneybox app, with a friend or family member; and
- receive a Gift (defined below) during the Qualifying Period (defined below).
- A “Qualifying Period” means the period between 20 November 2023 and the earlier of (a) 11 December 2023 or (b) when Moneybox detects the first 100 Gifts (defined below).
- “Gift(s)” means a minimum of £100 sent to your JISA account using the JISA Gifting Link from a family member or friend.
- Each of the first one hundred (100) customers who receive a Gift through their unique JISA Gifting Link will be entitled to receive a Moneybox Gifting card. The card will contain the message sent by the family member or friend when processing their Gift.
- One hundred (100) customers who meet the eligibility criteria set out above will be selected on a first-in-time basis and notified via the Moneybox app within 48 hours from the Qualifying Period ending using the contact details registered on each relevant Moneybox account and via the Moneybox app.
- Each winner will need to respond to Moneybox within three (3) calendar days of our email, to confirm whether they would like to receive a card.
- These terms (the “Offer Terms”) supplement the Promotional Terms and the Moneybox Terms & Conditions. To the extent there is a discrepancy between these Offer Terms and the Moneybox Terms and Conditions (including the Promotional Terms), the Moneybox Terms and Conditions (including the Promotional Terms) shall prevail.
- By sharing your JISA Gifting Link you are deemed to have accepted these Offer Terms and consent to receiving a card on behalf of your child. If you do not want to take part in this promotion or if, after being notified of having won, you no longer wish to receive a Card, please contact our team on email@example.com or via the in-app chat.
- Moneybox may withdraw this Promotion at any time and for any reason.
- We will process your name, email address, date of birth, bank details, residential address, and other account details necessary, for the purposes of administering the prize draw. Personal data supplied will be treated as set out in our Privacy Notice.