Buying a home with someone else? You can now track your savings progress together with our brand new feature, Housemates. 🙌 Simply link your Lifetime ISA with your buying partner’s using Housemates to:
- Track your combined LISA savings in the Moneybox app
- Motivate each other (or compete 🏁)
- Get a clear idea of how close you are to your first home
How does it work?
- Head to Housemates. Head to your Lifetime ISA account in-app and scroll down to Housemates savings.
- Invite your buying partner. Tap Add your buying partner > Invite your buying partner. Enter the email address associated with their Moneybox account.
- Look out for an email.
- If your buying partner is a Moneybox customer: When you invite your buying partner to join you on Housemates, they’ll receive an email invite. Once they’ve accepted the invite, we’ll send you an email letting you know that your accounts are now linked!
- If your buying partner is not a Moneybox customer: In order to connect via Housemates, they’ll need to open a Moneybox Lifetime ISA before you can connect. If you invite someone that isn’t a Moneybox customer, we’ll email you to let you know.
Can I connect with my buying partner if they don’t have a Moneybox Lifetime ISA?
No, you can only use Housemates to connect with buying partners that also have a Moneybox Lifetime ISA account. If your buying partner doesn’t have a Moneybox Lifetime ISA, they’ll just need to open one before your accounts can be linked. Luckily, it only takes a few minutes to do and they can start earning a 25% bonus from the very first deposit.
Explore the Moneybox Lifetime ISA
Important to know
The 25% government withdrawal penalty means that if you withdraw money for any reason other than buying your first home (up to £450,000) or retirement, you’ll pay a government charge of 25% on the amount you withdraw. This means you’ll get back less than you’ve put in. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.