At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change. Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
You will lead UX Research to support Moneybox’s product and design teams to continue to build meaningful and simple user experiences. Your focus will be on delivering rapid value through strategic discovery and evaluative testing. You’ll be expected to perform hands-on research as well as driving self serve research amongst the team, through coaching them. We’ll be looking for you to evaluate our current processes and propose best practices to help us achieve the best outcome.
You’ll be expected to proactively work with leaders across the business to establish a roadmap of research objectives to help support various mission areas, informing the broader growth of Moneybox by driving a more engaged, active user base who experience the full breadth of the Moneybox offering. This means partnering with decision-makers and seizing every opportunity to leverage available data, ensuring no insights are left unturned. Therefore you should be someone who is natural at building relationships and presence across the business.
You will manage a Junior Researcher who you will mentor and help to develop, therefore management experience is desired. You will also have the opportunity to grow and develop the research function over time.
All applications must include access to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- You will have expertise in using a variety of research methodologies both quantitative and qualitative, online and offline from at least 6 years research experience. This expertise should also include leading projects, and making decisions on how to best design, manage and deliver research.
- You’ll build our understanding of our customers’ needs in order to ensure we are focused on solving the right things for customers.
- You’ll ensure that we build the right things the right way and support teams to evaluate their solutions to customer problems.
- You’ll lead the research for the function, you will deliver success by introducing best practice methods and tools, driving self serve research amongst the team through coaching them, as well as delivering research projects yourself.
- You will report directly to the Head of Product Design and be based in the London office on a hybrid basis (2 days per week in the office, 3 days per week at home).
- You’ll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills.
- You’ll be one of the loudest voices for the customer – helping to talk about problems, needs and ideas in a way that creates real impact for our customers.
- You’ll regularly work with Design, Product and Insight leadership. This is to help make sure long-term strategy, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Research practice at Moneybox better – such as improving our hiring processes, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members – and much more.
- You’ll eventually grow the research practice in 2024 – you will be part of helping establish how we conduct research across the company.
- Have company wide impact from a research perspective.
- Influence, challenge and enable teams to deliver high quality product experiences.
Who you are
- You have experience with both generative and evaluative research methods and are comfortable independently initiating, running and communicating research.
- You care about ensuring all teams deliver meaningful solutions to customers and make sure your work is focused where it will have the greatest impact.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and have top-notch presentation skills, especially when it comes to sharing impactful insights.
- You’re a natural in building relationships and presence across the business.
- You leverage available data, ensuring no insights are left unturned and you are able to guide the team on how to act on your rich insights.
- You’re able to work with your peers to prioritise efforts effectively – and can provide a clear rationale to your decisions.
- You not only advocate for the customer but for research more broadly, and have clear examples of making research an integral part of building products.
- You’re able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively within a team – whether that be your product team, a wider research team, or design team.
- Experience working in a product-driven company, FinTech experience is desired but not essential.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact.
- Quick learner, always open-minded, curious and eager to learn new skills.
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and be fantastic in communicating your ideas and thought processes.
- A keen interest and knowledge of the FinTech industry.
What’s In It For You?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious business.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company shares
- Company pension scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Home office furniture allowance
- Personal Annual Learning and Development budget
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan (cashback on visits to the dentist & opticians etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with additional days added with length of service.
At this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
We have a hybrid policy that includes 2 days from our London office and 3 from home. Candidates wishing to work on a fully-remote basis must be based within the UK.
At Moneybox, we promote, support and celebrate inclusion, diversity and equity for all, so that everyone can bring their full selves to work. We believe that diversity drives innovation, and that if our team is representative of our community of customers, we can better support their needs. To ensure our recruitment processes provide an equal opportunity for all applicants to succeed, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments that we can make. We are open-minded and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure all applicants can present their full self and potential
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com