It’s never been harder to get on the property ladder, and yet most people aren’t getting the support we need.
This month we visited the Treasury to suggest ways we can enhance the Lifetime ISA and help more people buy their first home. Read more
“Trying to time the market is the number one mistake to avoid.”- Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and the world’s most successful investor. Read more in the Discover section of the app about ‘the ups and downs of investing’ and why it’s important to stay the course.
It’s even easier to transfer your Cash ISA to a Moneybox Stocks & Shares ISA. All you have to do is fill in this form and send it on to us. We’re also offering a £20 reward for transfer forms received by 15 October for ISAs greater than or equal to £500 in value. Stocks & Shares ISAs are a tax efficient way to invest. Remember, investments can offer higher returns than savings accounts over the long term, typically for at least 5 years or more. All investments carry varying degrees of risk and you may get back less than you invest. Please see T&C’s below.
- Our first ever TV ad went live!!! Here it is in case you missed it.
- Our co-founders discuss our “mission to democratise the world of personal finance” with Monocle.
- And…What everyone under 40 needs to know about saving money(including investing with your very own Moneybox app), in The Times last week.
You can now shop with our curated partner brands and receive rewards directly into your Moneybox account. Go to the Discover tab of the app to see all offers.
Partners of the month:
- To celebrate National Fitness Day, Fiit is offering new customers a £30 reward into your Moneybox account (on completing your second month of membership). Fiit is only available on iOS.
- And for the cyclists amongst you, there will be no more dark nights with our new partner Beryl’s bike lights. When you purchase a Burner bike light combo for £69.99, Beryl will deposit £10 into your Moneybox account.
T&C’s apply, see in app for details.
What we learnt this month 💡
- “The biggest investing errors come not from factors that are informational or analytical, but from those that are psychological.” Learn how to invest with clear thinking in this Tim Ferriss interview with Howard Marks.
- Warren Buffett swears by this rule for smart decision-making, and we think you will too. Find out how to use 10/10/10 to make better choices.
And finally, here are the T&C’s for the ISA transfer
- To qualify for the offer, completed and correct transfer forms must be received by 15 October 2018.
- Once we receive the transfer in money from your existing ISA provider, we’ll let you know if the amount is over £500 and if so, that you can expect your £20 reward! The £20 will be deposited into your bank account (the same account against which you have set up your direct debit for your Moneybox contributions).
- We may amend, withdraw or restrict this offer at any time without notice, and the Moneybox Terms and Conditions continue to apply (and shall prevail in the case of inconsistency).