Things we’re celebrating
We’re growing faster and we couldn’t do it without you.
Thanks to over 110,000 of you who have opened investment accounts with us so far, we’ve become one of the fastest growing investment platforms in UK history. We want to make our app as helpful as possible and to do this, we recently accepted a £14m investment, led by venture capital firm Eight Roads. We’re incredibly excited about the tools and features we have in store for you in the next few months.
- Our name in lights. Apple featured us in the App Store’s Shake Up Your Monday. If you also appreciate what we are doing, don’t forget to spread the word and tell your friends about saving and investing with Moneybox.
- More Lifetime ISA bonuses! Our Lifetime ISA customers have received over £1.6m of government bonus money in the last four months. Keep it up! Remember you’ll receive a 25% bonus on savings up to £4,000 per year. Don’t forget there is a 25% government charge if you withdraw money for any reason other than buying your first home (up to £450,000 in value) or for your retirement when you reach 60.
News features you’ll love
Our Investments tab has had a makeover! You can now see:
- A more detailed breakdown of your Moneybox earnings, including Moneybox+ rewards and Lifetime ISA bonuses.
- The total investment value of all your accounts in one place.
- The lifecycle of your investments from the moment you’ve made a contribution, right through to the point of settlement.
In case you missed it…
Head to the Discover tab to read:
- Understanding our investment accounts. Here you’ll find out which account is best for you and your investment goals.
- More about our recent funding round. And how this will help us to continue on our mission to help a generation invest for the future.
News and events
- “Spare change investment app Moneybox today announced the close of a £14m Series B fundraising round, led by Alibaba investor Eight Roads.” Here’s what others had to say; CityAM, The Telegraph and UKTN.
What we learnt this month
- The one routine common to billionaires, icons and world-class performers, in this recent blog from Tim Ferris.
- That humans are irrational and make irrational decisions. In this podcast, Richard Thaler, founder of behavioural economics, describes his unlikely route to success and his efforts to fix the world – one nudge at a time.