Our mission is to help a generation invest in their future. For too long the tools and information we need to achieve our financial potential have only been available to the wealthy few. We’re working to make these available to everyone, in an app designed for the way we live today.📱
We welcomed a lot of new customers in 2018 – one every six minutes on average! Two thirds of these came through word of mouth so thanks to all of you who helped spread the word! 👏 We launched Moneybox Academy to help you boost your investing knowledge, Moneybox+ to help you find more money to invest, and a wider selection of lower cost funds to give you more choice.
We’ve got lots planned for 2019, but the thing we’re most excited about is simplifying our pensions! 🚀
A lot of us have thousands of pounds in old pension pots we barely know about. It sometimes seems like the pensions industry doesn’t want us to know! They make everything difficult and complicated from checking your balance to seeing where your money’s invested. We all deserve better than this and that’s why we’re making it possible to bring together all your old pension pots in a couple of taps to sit alongside your other ISAs.
Our latest app release is all about new investment funds! You’ll see more fund choices – a corporate and a government bond fund, a lower-cost alternative for global shares, and a new cash fund. This is part of a series of fund changes designed to give you greater choice and lower fees. Find out more in app.
- For an amusing take on all things money, take a look at our Modern Money series with Lucy Mangan. Here’s her first article on the secret joy of saving.
- Thinking about the new year? Here are 7 tips to set you up for financial success.
- Why not put your holiday to good use and learn more about investing with the Moneybox Academy? You can find the series in the Moneybox Blog section of the app or on our website.
In the news 📰
- “It’s a great way to put money aside without even thinking about it.” Our co-founder Ben Stanway spoke on BBC Business Live about how we’re helping a generation invest for their future.
- Moneybox is described as “the digital embodiment of Warren Buffett’s investment advice” in Refinery29.
- “How to kickstart the savings habit without any effort”, in This Is Money.
We’re excited to welcome some new partner brands this month. Shop with them and many others and you’ll receive rewards directly into your Moneybox account:
- Upgrade your sauce. When you spend £30, Sauce Shop will deposit £5 into your Moneybox account. And they’ll give you 25% off your first order.
- Butternut Box provide home-cooked meals for your dog. When you subscribe, they’ll deposit £15 into your Moneybox account and they’ll give you 50% off your first 2 boxes.
T&C’s apply for all offers, see in app for details.
What we learnt this month 💡
Get inspired for the New Year with these helpful articles.
- “Change is a part of life. Sometimes it is hard to make sense of what is happening, let alone understand what steps to take to move yourself forward.” Tony Robbins outlines 6 ways to help you design the life you want.
- Learn about how setting the right goals can mean the difference between success and failure with this Ted Talk by John Doerr.
- “If people around you don’t think what you’re doing is a bit strange, maybe it’s not strange enough.” Patrick Collison, co-founder and CEO of Stripe speaks to Tim Ferriss in the latest episode of his podcast. And don’t miss the amazing reading list shared in the show notes.