The position will be responsible for supporting the Head of iOS to work on the iOS application, in a team of 11 developers. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from suggesting new features to releasing the application to more than 1 million users in the UK.
What you’ll do
- Drive the design of the architecture of the iOS application. Lead large scale improvements to the design of the application.
- Develop new features and maintain the Moneybox iOS application.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Lead development and take ownership for streams of work that enable customers to reach their financial goals.
- Mentor and support members of the iOS team.
- Help to suggest new features for the application that will make the app experience better for users, and that will make the application more reliable.
- Collaborate with the wider team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs.
- Help to maintain the quality and organisation of the codebase
- Be responsible for releasing the app to the store and monitor the app post-release.
Who you are
- Someone who is excited about making an application you would use personally that helps make saving and investing easier and more accessible.
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Interested in all areas of the business and enjoys hearing about what other team members are working on.
- Genuine interest in financial technology.
- Constantly looking to improve all areas that you can affect.
- Excited about learning and experiencing new ways of thinking.
- Keen on managing 1 or 2 developers in the team.
Experience and skills – essential
- 5 years of professional experience in developing native iOS apps.
- Highly proficient in Swift and iOS frameworks.
- Comfortable with complex and large applications. Can lead and define technical advancements and internal iOS processes.
- Exposure to all aspects of software development from gathering requirements to releasing, with the ability to take ownership of these aspects.
- Applied knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Advocates well-designed, clean and tested code, in an enthusiastic way.
- Experience and desire about mentoring and supporting other developers, encourages their professional development and provides active guidance to help them achieve their goals.
- Experience in designing RESTful APIs together with backend developers.
- Experience in developing complex user interfaces with auto-layout and collaborating with UX/UI designers.
- Extensive knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience with modern architecture such as MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
Experience and skills – desirable
- 8 years of professional experience in iOS.
- Computer science or related degree.
- Use of CoreData, or other data persistence frameworks.
- Experience with Security and Cryptography.
- Experience on implementing custom native animations.
- Proficient with continuous integration.