Moneybox is the award-winning app that helps you turn your money into something greater. We’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services all together into one simple app, so it’s easier than ever to achieve your goals and build wealth, whatever your starting point.
The Senior Compliance Manager will be a key member of the compliance team, providing expert oversight of our Homebuying Mission, that includes our mortgage advice service as well as helping the compliance team deliver its other responsibilities. You will have a broad compliance background, able to carry out a variety of tasks including reviewing communications and financial promotions, advising the business, compliance monitoring and reviews.
What you’ll do
Working closely with the rest of the Risk & Compliance team and the business, you will help Moneybox build a best-in-class compliance program. You will be responsible for, but not limited to, these duties:
- Work closely with and advise the homebuying team on product development and mortgage advice arrangements
- Manage relationships across the business, including with senior stakeholders
- Act as point of contact with Moneybox Mortgages’ principal firm, Mortgage Advice Bureau (MAB), including oversight of the Moneybox:MAB complaints process
- Provide compliance oversight of product development and the advice process through monitoring and periodic reviews
- Take responsibility for additional compliance work and product oversight beyond mortgage advice, including thematic reviews, to ensure Moneybox remains meets regulatory requirements and expectations and continually enhances its controls
- Carry out regulatory projects to deliver change
- Prepare and maintain policies and procedures
- Review and approve financial promotions and communications
- Promote awareness and provide training when necessary on regulatory requirements and expectations
Who you are
- A driven, motivated person who’s looking to build their career at an exciting, fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Has a strong bias for action.
- Has a questioning mind.
- Able to adapt quickly and manage competing priorities.
- Takes a methodical, analytical approach to make good judgements.
- Unafraid to take on new challenges, developing deep knowledge in new areas.
- Naturally personable, a great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with.
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook.
Experience and skills
- Experience of mortgage advice compliance, ideally including the sale of protection products
- Detailed knowledge of UK regulatory requirements
- Great communication and listening skills
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious business.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company shares
- Company pension scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Home office furniture allowance
- Personal Annual Learning and Development budget
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan (cashback on visits to the dentist & opticians etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with additional days added with length of service.
Our office is in London, by the Oxo Tower
At this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
We have a hybrid policy that includes 2 days from our London office and 3 from home. If the role states it is either hybrid or remote candidates must be based within the UK.
At Moneybox, we promote, support and celebrate inclusion, diversity and equity for all, so that everyone can bring their full selves to work. We believe that diversity drives innovation, and that if our team is representative of our community of customers, we can better support their needs. To ensure our recruitment processes provide an equal opportunity for all applicants to succeed, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments that we can make. We are open-minded and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure all applicants can present their full self and potential
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com