What would you do with an extra £4k? Enter our Summer LISA Prize Draw and you could turn your plans into reality! We’ll be giving away £4k to one lucky winner, and you can earn entries every time you save.
How to enter
You’ll be automatically entered into the draw if you deposit at least £100 into your Lifetime ISA between 26th July and 5th September 2023. You’ll earn 1 entry for every £100 you deposit in this time period. And, if you’ve maxed out your annual Lifetime ISA allowance by 5th September, we’ll boost your number of Prize Draw entries to 40. It’s that simple – no form needed!
You can enter by making a ‘qualifying deposit’ using any of these payment methods – one-off deposit, instant bank transfer, payday boost, weekly contributions, round ups, gifted contributions (Home-buying Gifts), moving money into your Lifetime ISA, or transferring in an existing ISA.
So, why not head in-app and top up your Lifetime ISA to earn some entries?
As with any competition, terms and conditions apply – please scroll down to read them.
When is the prize draw?
The prize draw will take place on 2nd October 2023, to allow time for eligible transfers to complete and be counted. If you’ve won, you’ll receive a very exciting email the same day! The rest of the Moneybox community will find out who won soon after, on social media and in the next edition of our monthly Round Up newsletter after the draw takes place.
If you have any questions, or if you want to opt out of the prize draw, please get in touch with our support team via the in-app chat or email@example.com.
How will the prize be paid out?
If you’re our winner (fingers crossed!) we’ll pay the prize money directly into your linked bank account. You can then spend it on whatever you like!
A 25% government penalty applies if you withdraw money from a Lifetime ISA for any reason other than buying your first home (up to £450k) or for retirement, and you may get back less than you paid into your Lifetime ISA.
With the Stocks & Shares Lifetime ISA, all investing should be long term (min. 5 years). The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
Terms and Conditions
The prize draw is operated and promoted by Digital Moneybox Limited, which is a limited company registered in England & Wales with the company number 09597755 whose registered office is Suite 1.07 1-2 Hatfields, London SE1 9PG (“Moneybox”, or “we” / “us” / “our”).
How to enter and eligibility
1. To qualify for this prize draw you must:
a. have or open a “Qualifying Account” (as defined below) via the Moneybox app before or during the “Qualifying Period” (as defined below); and satisfy one or both of the following:
b. make a “Qualifying Deposit” (as defined below) during the Qualifying Period; and/or
c. contributed up to the maximum Lifetime ISA allowance (currently £4,000) to the Qualifying Account from the start of the current tax year (i.e. 6 April 2023) until 5 September 2023.
2. A “Qualifying Account” means:
a. Moneybox Cash Lifetime ISA (including the LISA powered by Investec); or
b. Moneybox Stocks & Shares Lifetime ISA.
3. The “Qualifying Period” means 00:00 on 26 July 2023 to 23:59 on 5 September 2023.
4. A “Qualifying Deposit” means a total deposit of £100 or more deposited into a Qualifying Account during the Qualifying Period, in one of the following ways:
a. a deposit made in the Moneybox app;
b. moving money from another Moneybox account into a Qualifying Account;
c. a gift link deposit (which for the purposes of this prize draw will be counted towards the Qualifying Deposits of the recipient, not the depositor, of the gift link deposit);
d. instant bank transfer initiated via the Moneybox app;
e. a transfer from another ISA or Lifetime ISA provider into a Qualifying Account provided such transfers are requested during the Qualifying Period and complete prior to 23:59 on 1 October 2023.
5. In respect of Qualifying Deposits, for the avoidance of doubt:
a. it is not necessary to break down deposits of more than £100 into separate deposits; for example, a single deposit of £1,000 will be counted as ten (10) Qualifying Deposits; and
b. smaller sums that cumulatively add up to £100 will be deemed a Qualifying Deposit.
6. Each Qualifying Deposit will automatically entitle you to one entry into the prize draw.
7. Qualifying Accounts that have reached their maximum Lifetime ISA allowance for the current tax year (currently £4,000) will be entitled to 40 entries into the prize draw. To be eligible for these entries, the contributions to reach the maximum Lifetime ISA allowance must have been contributed into the Qualifying Accounts from 6 April 2023 until 5 September 2023.
8. No entrant can receive more than 40 entries into the prize draw in total.
9. If you request to transfer your Qualifying Account to another ISA provider and such request to transfer is completed or pending by 23:59 on 1 October 2023, you will no longer be eligible for the prize draw.
10. Please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the in-app chat by 1 October 2023 if you would prefer not to participate, otherwise all applicants that make a Qualifying Deposit or max out their LISA will automatically be entered into the prize draw. There is no fee for entering the prize draw.
11. Without limitation to our general Moneybox Terms & Conditions all entrants to the prize draw must:
a. be resident in the United Kingdom for tax purposes;
b. not be a United States Person; and
c. not be an employee, contractor, officer, or director of Digital Moneybox Limited (or its group companies) or any member of such a person’s immediate family or household at any time during the period of this prize draw.
12. To be eligible to win the draw you must continue to hold your Qualifying Account with us until the date the winner is selected (see below).
13. One (1) winner will be randomly selected in accordance with the laws of chance, consistent with the requirements of Promotional Marketing Rule 8.24 of the CAP Code, by a third party computer process by 2 October 2023 and notified by email by 23:59 on 2 October 2023 using contact details registered on the winner’s Moneybox account.
14. The winner will need to respond to Moneybox to confirm they accept or decline the prize within five (5) business days from the date that Moneybox sends the Customer an email notifying them about the prize.
15. If the selected winner does not respond to our email within this timeframe, either to accept or decline the prize, a new winner will be randomly selected by 9 October 2023, and notified within five (5) business days. For the avoidance of doubt, the new selected winner will also need to respond to Moneybox to accept or reject the prize within a five (5) business day timeframe, otherwise a new winner will randomly be chosen following the above process.
16. The winner will receive a prize of £4,000. The prize will only be paid to the competition winner (as determined by the process above). The prize will be paid directly into the winner’s linked personal bank account. We will endeavour to complete the payment within five (5) business days.
17. These terms (the “Offer Terms”) supplement Section 12 (Promotions) of our Moneybox Terms & Conditions and, as at 31 July 2023, the revised Moneybox terms and conditions available on the Moneybox website and app. To the extent there is a discrepancy between these Offer Terms and the Moneybox Terms and Conditions, the Moneybox Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
18. By participating in the prize draw, you are deemed to have accepted these Offer Terms.
19. Please note we are required to make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of the prize winner to anyone requesting this information. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please notify us by contacting us on email@example.com, and we will remove you from the draw. Please note, we must provide details of any prize draw entrants to the Advertising Standards Authority, the Financial Conduct Authority, or any other competent authority requiring such details, on request.
20. We will process your name, email address, date of birth, bank details, residential address, and other account details necessary, for the purposes of administering the prize draw. Personal data supplied will be treated as set out in our Privacy Notice.