At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change. Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
As a Lead UX Designer, you will be responsible for setting the direction for your mission area and guiding the team to deliver value to our customers. You have experience within all stages of the UX / UI design process but are now a specialist in UX.
You will manage a team of two designers who you will mentor and help to develop, raising the UX practice and getting teams working in a way that makes great products. Therefore management experience is essential.
You will be responsible for partnering closely with Product and Engineering leads and cross-functional peers to set the design vision and direction for the experience of your mission team, helping to make sure long-term strategy, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
You must have roughly 8 years of design experience and a portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and design of digital products and features for native apps. You should have an interest in technology, an eye for detail and a desire to learn on the go and think on your feet.
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Hands-on design and ownership of a mission design team. This includes establishing, driving and articulating a vision. Making sure it compliments a cohesive overall Moneybox experience, and delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
- You will report directly to the Head of Product Design and be based in the London office on a hybrid basis (2 days per week in the office).
- You’ll have weekly 1-2-1 sessions with your line manager to encourage development and growth.
- You will manage two other designers, being responsible for their output and all aspects of their development and growth. Ensuring all the team’s members are challenged and motivated.
- You’ll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills. You’ll work closely with product managers, data scientists and engineering teams to make sure your team isn’t just shipping great designs, but they are deeply involved throughout the design process.
- You will be responsible for the experience of a product or feature, specifically; screen structures, navigation, key flows aligned with personas, IA, functionality and usability.
- Iterating and testing solutions to check it solves the problem.
- Alongside the UI Lead, you’ll advocate for polished, magical, intuitive and accessible user experiences from your team.
- Your overall design thinking and principles should run through the team and be a guardian of excellent UX practice.
- You’ll help raise the bar for design at Moneybox. Every designer plays a critical role in improving our community of practice.
- You’ll regularly work with design leaders and product leadership. This is to help make sure long-term strategy, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Design practice at Moneybox better – such as improving our hiring processes, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members – and much more.
- Have company wide impact from a design perspective.
- Influence, challenge and enable teams to deliver high quality product experiences.
Who you are
- A driven designer with 8 years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and app.
- Experience with each stage of the design UX/UI design process but more recently specialising in UX.
- Possess a portfolio full of projects outlining your UX process.
- You’re a master in research, synthesising users needs/wants/pain points, concept development, rapid prototyping & testing.
- You have an awareness of context, expanding beyond the realms of design to encompass a broader business context; identifying outcomes and goals, establishing KPIs that will help to deliver these successfully.
- You’re pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- Ability to design products and features that match how people think and behave, with a high attention to detail.
- Someone who leads by example, with 2+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance.
- Ability to distil requirements, providing clear guidance to designers, defining the task, goals and outcomes as well as supporting and providing clear feedback.
- You’re an excellent communicator who can convey your ideas and thought process, understanding and building relationships with a cross-section of team members.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact.
- Quick learner, ability to think on your feet, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills. You love showing your work often because it’s how you improve.
- You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, with support from your fellow designers
- Have an interest in the FinTech industry and are passionate about helping people build wealth.
- Aren’t afraid to speak your mind. At Moneybox we actively encourage you to challenge everything!
What’s In It For You?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious business.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company shares
- Company pension scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Home office furniture allowance
- Personal Annual Learning and Development budget
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan (cashback on visits to the dentist & opticians etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with additional days added with length of service.
At this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
We have a hybrid policy that includes 2 days from our London office and 3 from home. If the role states it is either hybrid or remote candidates must be based within the UK.
At Moneybox, we promote, support and celebrate inclusion, diversity and equity for all, so that everyone can bring their full selves to work. We believe that diversity drives innovation, and that if our team is representative of our community of customers, we can better support their needs. To ensure our recruitment processes provide an equal opportunity for all applicants to succeed, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments that we can make. We are open-minded and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure all applicants can present their full self and potential
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com