At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change. Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
What you’ll do
The position will be responsible for supporting the Lead iOS Developer to work on the iOS application. You will help to create a reliable application that makes investing simple and enjoyable for users. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from suggesting new features to releasing the application:
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the wider team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality and organisation
Who you are
- Someone who is excited about making an application you would use personally that helps make saving and investing easier and more accessible.
- Thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Interested in all areas of the business and enjoys hearing about what other team members are working on.
- Genuine interest in financial technology.
- Constantly looking to improve all areas that you can affect.
- Excited about learning and experiencing new ways of thinking.
Experience and skills – essential
- Hands on experience developing iOS apps (personal projects or through studies)
- Experience with Swift 5 and iOS frameworks, can produce clear and tidy source code which is easy to understand and follows familiar design patterns.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Experience of developing user interfaces with auto-layout.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
Experience and skills – desirable
- At least 1 year of professional experience building iOS applications collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and other Software engineers.
- Experience with modern design patterns such as MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.
- Applied knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Computer science or related degree.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Familiarity with unit testing.
- Applied knowledge of software engineering best practices and software development methodologies. e.g. Scrum.
- At least one app in the App store.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious business.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company shares
- Company pension scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Home office furniture allowance
- Personal Annual Learning and Development budget
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan (cashback on visits to the dentist & opticians etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with additional days added with length of service.
Our office is in London, by the Oxo Tower