Moneybox is growing rapidly, and our technical teams are no exception. We have more users, more accounts, more money invested, more features, more code, more data, and more team-members than ever before. We’re looking for a Systems Engineer to help us handle all that growth without compromising on our service or product quality.
This role is in our back end engineering team that builds and operates our cloud hosted services. You will be working with people throughout Moneybox to develop new systems, provide technical solutions, support the live service and improve the way we do things. We’re looking for someone who enjoys a mix of solution architecture, hands-on coding, and owning their solutions from concept to delivery. You will also be part of a multi-functional team, all working together to complete the team’s objectives.
This team offers and runs the following services;
– Advanced Technical Support: Handle complex technical inquiries related to our live services, ensuring service issues are resolved swiftly, with minimal impact.
– System Reliability: Maintain and enhance the availability, security and resilience of Development and Live environments hosted in the cloud, particularly within the Microsoft Azure ecosystem.
– Collaborative Investigations: Work alongside and with our engineering and operations teams to support internal investigations, requiring a deep understanding of our technical infrastructure.
To do this, we focus on
– In-depth Investigation: Utilize a strong grasp of our service, infrastructure, and code to tackle issues methodically and effectively.
– Process Ownership: Develop, refine, and oversee processes for the efficient identification and resolution of issues.
– Enhanced Tooling: Improve existing tools or implement new solutions to empower all team members.
– Continuous Improvement: Regularly update and upgrade our practices to accommodate ongoing growth.
Our Tech Stack
Cloud and Infrastructure
Azure: App Services, Functions, Service Bus, Event Hub, CosmosDB, Redis, SQL Server, Databricks, keyvault
GitHub, Azure DevOps Pipelines
C#, .NET Core / .NET Framework (being phased out)
REST APIs, Hangfire, React, MediatR, Entity Framework, Mass Transit, xUnit/NUnit
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com
Your application will be subject to criminal record and adverse credit history checks (such as CCJs, IVAs and bankruptcy). As a regulated financial business, an adverse financial history could impact your suitability for the role. If you are aware of anything that could affect your suitability for the role, please let us know.