Moneybox is growing rapidly, and our technical teams are no exception. We have more users, more accounts, more money invested, more features, more code, more data, and more team-members than ever before. We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us handle all that growth without compromising on our service or product quality.
This role is in our Cloud Apps Team that builds and operates our cloud hosted API. You will be working with people throughout Moneybox to develop new features, provide technical solutions, support the live service and improve the way we do things. We’re looking for someone who enjoys a mix of solution architecture, hands-on coding, and owning their solutions from concept to delivery.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything we use, but a fundamental understanding of how things work is important.
Our tech stack:
- C# / .NET Framework, .Net Core
- ASP.NET Web API, Azure Functions, Hangfire, MediatR, xUnit
- Microsoft Azure
- Sql Server, CosmosDb, Azure Service Bus
- Git, TeamCity, Terraform, Azure DevOps, and Octopus Deploy
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on coding to a high standard.
- Writing unit / integration tests along with production code to produce a reliable product.
- Contributing to weekly sprint planning meetings such as estimation and task prioritisation.
- Working with wider team of developers, QA testers, product managers, UX designers, and mobile developers to create and build new features.
- Owning technical solution design for significant product features, software modules, and technical initiatives.
- Deploying your code to live (we follow a continuous delivery model and all engineers frequently deploy to live) and diagnosing live issues.
- Supporting, coaching, and mentoring junior team members
- Setting high standards, and continually improving how we do things
- Providing technical support to internal teams.
- Sharing knowledge, writing documentation and embracing collaborative culture.
- Staying abreast of and (where necessary) applying the latest emerging technologies.
Who You Are
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Passionate about software development and technologies.
- A driven, ambitious self-starter.
- Learning mindset and motivated to develop skills further.
- Collaborative attitude – you enjoy working individually as well as within a team.
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook.
Experience & Skills
- Computer science degree or similar related experience.
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Thorough understanding of:
- C# / .NET framework, MVC, Web API
- OO programming languages.
- Relational databases.
- APIs delivered over HTTP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work both individually and as part of an agile team.
- Able to actively participate in technical and commercial discussions.
- Microsoft Azure
- Cosmos Db
- Azure Functions
- Azure Service Bus
- Experience designing, developing, releasing and maintaining scalable, fault tolerant systems.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below. We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: email@example.com