We are currently growing at a rapid pace with more and more people using Moneybox. To support this growth we are looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to join our Platform engineering team. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything, but a fundamental understanding of the .NET ecosystem is important.
This role will be responsible for working within a small team to further develop our investment platform which manages the investment activities for half a million investors and over £1 billion of assets.
Our tech stack:
C# / .NET Core
Hangfire, MediatR, xUnit
Microsoft Azure (App Services, Functions, Event Hub, etc)
Git, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy and Terraform
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for writing high quality and fully tested code and safely delivering changes to Production
- Our Engineers are experts in the systems they build and are therefore responsible for scoping their own requirements and communicating them with the wider team
- You will deploy changes to Production as soon as they are ready, ensuring continuous delivery of business value (we deploy several times per day)
- We keep our processes light, focussing on delivery more than planning
Who you are
- You are excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- You are keen to learn and are an ambitious self-starter.
- You have a genuine interest in financial technology and keen to tackle complex business problems on a daily basis.
- You have a forensic mindset to diagnose and resolve issues
- Computer science or similar related experience.
- Comfortable navigating around the .NET Framework / C# and associated tooling.
- Good understanding of relational databases, preferably SQL Server
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to actively participate in technical and commercial discussions.
- Microsoft Azure or other Cloud providers
- Experience designing, developing, releasing and maintaining scalable, fault tolerant systems.
- Experience dealing with large volumes of data
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays