At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change. Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
Moneybox is growing at a rapid pace with more and more people using our app. To support this growth we are looking for an Android Developer to help develop and own parts of the android application.
About the Role…
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our Customer Experience mission team. Each mission works in a fast paced environment using the Shape Up methodology to ensure we deliver meaningful projects to our customers. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop & release features for the Android application.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, data analysts to refine ideas into solutions that our customers love.
- Own area(s) of the application, responsible for all aspects of the product delivery cycle.
- Drive the technical roadmap ensuring our project remains best in class and follows industry best practices. Propose and implement improvements to our application, architecture and delivery pipeline.
- Mentor and influence our fun, passionate and experienced team. Opportunity to manage and build effective delivery teams.
About the Stack…
Our app is fully modularised, split into separate features and written using the latest libraries from Android Jetpack. You will be working on the latest technologies in the Android ecosystem and contribute to how our architecture evolves to enable us to deliver rapidly and reliably to our users.
Our Architecture is organised into single responsibility layers. We build new features using Jetpack Compose, Android’s modern UI toolkit. Our domain layer uses the MVVM design pattern and our data layer uses reactive streams to ensure data displayed is always up to date.
We release the app every single week, using a release train 🚂. So your work will be shipped to customers as soon as it’s ready!
- Highly experienced product focused Android developer. Preferably with 5+ years commercial experience, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin (or Java) with good programming knowledge. Preferably with a Computer Science background or equivalent experience.
- Experience in creating rich user interfaces and custom components. Ensuring user experience & quality is at the forefront of everything you do.
- Experience working with relevant stakeholders to refine requirements and deliver large scale projects.
- Experience in proposing and implementing large scale technical improvements. Keeps up to date with industry trends and spreads this knowledge throughout the team.
- Experience of or desire to manage other members of the team. Able to support delivery teams to implement projects and support members personal development.
About the Benefits…
- Competitive salary that is continually benchmarked across the industry.
- Company shares
- Company pension scheme
- Optional Private Medical Insurance & Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription for access to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- Home office furniture allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, with additional days added with length of service
- Mission + Functional team socials every 8 weeks
- L&D budget each year including paid conferences (e.g. Droidcon)
- Work on features used by hundreds of thousands of users, helping people to save and invest for their future!
- Develop using the latest technologies and contribute to our ever evolving project. 1 week out of every 8 to exclusively work on technical improvements and learning.
- Ownership of everything you do. Contribute to the features you develop and feel rewarded for the impact you have on the app.
- Excellent opportunity for career growth and leadership, open and honest progression opportunities. As we grow we want you to grow with us!
- Fun and friendly company culture. Exposure to all areas of the business, and ability to see the impact of your work on the wider company.
At Moneybox, we promote, support and celebrate inclusion, diversity and equity for all, so that everyone can bring their full selves to work. We believe that diversity drives innovation, and that if our team is representative of our community of customers, we can better support their needs. To ensure our recruitment processes provide an equal opportunity for all applicants to succeed, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments that we can make. We are open-minded and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure all applicants can present their full self and potential
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com