The aim of this role is to bring best in class QA to a rapidly growing Moneybox team. This position will suit someone who is excited about testing, specifically mobile apps. You will be work with a high calibre team to continuously develop new products/features. You may come from a different set of tools for testing, development and continuous integration and delivery. We do not dwell on technology and believe in the right tool for the job.
What you’ll do
- Find bugs and analyse the importance and priority of bugs relating to a release.
- Write clear bug reports and provide all necessary detail so that others are able to reproduce and diagnose the issue.
- Play a part in clarifying business requirements and user stories.
- Test new features and ensure existing features are working well.
- Carry out smoke and regression tests where appropriate.
- Carry out exploratory testing and knowing what will be enough.
- Collaborate across the wider team, predominately, development teams, product owner and UX teams.
- Work alongside junior members in the team to guide them and provide support where appropriate.
- Charles proxy
- Microsoft SQL Server
- HockeyApp and Testflight for builds
- Postman for an API testing
- Jira for bug tracking
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for team communication and collaboration
- .NET, iOS Swift, Android Java
- Microsoft Azure
- TeamCity for CI builds
- Octopus Deploy for deployments
Who you are
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Someone who is interested in fintech, and excited to change how people in the UK save and invest
- Passionate about all things mobile and apps.
- Up to date with the latest developments with technology and QA.
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong problem solver who is able to embrace new challenges
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a multi disciplinary team.
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience hands-on testing with native mobile apps (+2 years) within a similar fast-paced environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Analytical and critical thinking mindset.
- Experience with testing on various environments such as test and UAT.
- Pragmatic when raising bugs and understand the difference between quality and meeting release deadlines.
- Familiar with Agile methodology.
- Fluency in English.
- Any automation experience, especially Appium is an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work at a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup.
- Work with a friendly team of highly-motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can play a key role in impacting the finance industry in the UK.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company share options.
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below. We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: jobs at moneyboxapp.com. APPLY NOW