Moneybox is on a mission to help everyone save and invest for their future, customers already hold over £2billion in assets on the Moneybox platform. We offer products and services which span across multiple financial missions helping customers save and buy their first home, save for retirement and save and invest towards their short or long term goals.
The Customer Experience (CX) team shapes the experience our customers have with our app. Designers in the CX team are accountable for every feature they design – and they take that design from conception to implementation, launching features which touch all of our customers.
As a Principal Product Designer, you will take a lead role in all stages of the design process, applying best-in-class visual design skills and solid experience of UX practice. You will be responsible for partnering closely with Design, Product Leaders and cross-functional peers to set the design vision and direction for the Moneybox Customer Experience, helping to make sure long-term strategy, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
You will lead a small team of designers who you will mentor and help to develop, raising the visual and interaction design quality and getting teams working in a way that makes great products. The role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design.
All applications must include access to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on design and ownership of the CX team. This includes driving the future vision of this area, making sure it compliments a cohesive overall Moneybox experience, and delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
- You will manage and mentor a small team of designers, helping them to develop and grow. You will also help to hire and grow the team, attracting the best talent.
- You will report directly to the Head of Design and be based in the London office on a hybrid basis (2 days per week in the office, 3 days per week at home).
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional mission team (CX). Full stack design, taking responsibility for all aspects of the feature you design – from the first sketch through to implementation, you’ll take a lead role in all stages of the design process.
- You’ll collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills. You’ll work closely with product managers, data scientists and engineerings team to make sure your team isn’t just shipping great designs, but they are deeply involved throughout the design process.
- You’ll execute (and advocate for) polished, intuitive and accessible user experiences. You’re pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- Iterate and test solutions to check it solves the problem.
- You’ll help raise the bar for design at Moneybox. Every designer plays a critical role in improving our community of practice.
- You’ll regularly work with design leaders and product leadership. This is to help make sure long-term strategy, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
- Drive and support cross-team initiatives that make the Design practice at Moneybox better – such as improving our hiring processes, expanding our community presence, interviewing potential new team members – and much more.
- Have company wide impact from a design perspective.
- Influence, challenge and enable teams to deliver high quality product experiences.
Who you are
- A talented designer with 8+ years experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and native applications.
- A driven leader with 2+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance.
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile and app products you have worked on (iOS and Android).
- Experience working in a product-driven company.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact.
- Expert with each stage of the UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping).
- Business minded, applying Design Thinking methods to match people’s needs with what is technically feasible resulting in a viable business strategy which converts customer value and market opportunity.
- Ability to design products and features that match how people think and behave.
- You’re autonomous and entrepreneurial.
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs with high attention to detail.
- Quick learner, always open-minded, curious and eager to learn new skills.
- Ability to make complex ideas simple to understand and easy to use.
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and be fantastic in communicating your ideas and thought processes.
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems.
- A keen interest and knowledge of the FinTech industry.
- Passionate about helping people save and invest for their future.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Udemy for Business
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com