The aim of this role is to support the marketing function in telling great stories about Moneybox and amplifying our presence in the media. You will play an important part in the next phase of the company’s growth and in developing the Moneybox brand.
What you’ll do
Work directly with the Head of Marketing, Community Manager and our co-founders to raise the profile of the company and our mission:
- Deliver regular coverage across target media to drive brand credibility and new customer acquisition.
- Build relationships with key journalists and influencers.
- Manage day to day press office – pursue relevant opportunities and respond to reactive enquiries.
- Own the creation of press releases, media packs and briefing documents.
- Constantly look for new opportunities to spread the word about Moneybox to relevant audiences.
- Measure the impact of coverage / press activity across core KPIs.
- Create cause-led content for owned media channels to ensure consistent brand messaging.
- Plan and manage a calendar of external events and speaking opportunities to increase profile of the company and key members of the team.
- Build relationships with relevant partner brands and organisations.
- Take ownership of SEO and link-building strategy, including potential agency management, to drive customer acquisition.
Who you are
- Genuine interest in financial technology and consumer affairs.
- A proactive self-starter with a willingness to learn and solve problems independently.
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Outgoing and confident outlook with a willingness to start conversations with people and get stuck in.
- A great storyteller and creative thinker who is always full of ideas.
- Collaborative team player who is able to take feedback on board.
Experience and skills
- 4 years+ relevant experience.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality coverage from the creation of media assets through to selling in stories.
- Have a strong press book with contacts in the personal finance space (preferred).
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Creative mindset.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below. We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org APPLY NOW