At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change. Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
As a Junior Associate you’ll engage and learn about managing, trading and reporting on our customer funds and assets. You’ll be exposed first hand to the rules and regulations that govern everything we do whilst also working towards your Level 3 Investment Operations Certificate (with CISI). We work closely with a team of platform developers/engineers and together we manage the daily processing, controls, and systems needed to manage our customers’ investments and savings. In other words, whenever a customer decides to move their money in the app, we are the team that makes it a reality.
We are looking for someone with a passion for fintech, attention to detail, a desire to learn, analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and who is excited about this great opportunity to kickstart their career in Platform Operations and be part of the future of Moneybox.
What you’ll learn to do
- Assisting with day-to-day operational processes for the investment of cash and stocks in our current and future products.
- Reconciling our daily cash and settlement figures.
- Completing daily reconciliations of customer monies and assets.
- Processing transfers of our ISA and SIPP products from a settlement and payments perspective.
- Working with the finance team to process payments to and from partners and customers.
- Interacting with other providers to support the Customer Operations team with transfers.
- Learning about and demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations that are applicable to us and the products we offer customers.
- Supporting reporting requirements for the various regulations with which Moneybox must comply including preparing regular updates to our procedural documentation.
- Gain your Level 3 Investment Operations Certificate with CISI with our support.
- Further develop invaluable soft skills around communication, teamwork, time management and prioritisation.
Who you are
- A highly detail-oriented individual with a diligent and methodical approach to operations.
- Interested in providing an excellent operations service and demonstrating initiative in developing it to be the best it can be.
- A naturally personable, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with.
- Adaptable and flexible, for those times when things do not go to plan.
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook.
Experience and skills
- Ability to work well both individually with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Highly numerate with good Excel skills.
- Great communication and listening skills.
- Fluency in English.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Gympass subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Personal L&D allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
At this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
We have a hybrid policy that includes 2 days from our London office and 3 from home. If the role states it is either hybrid or remote candidates must be based within the UK.
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com
Your application will be subject to criminal record and adverse credit history checks (such as CCJs, IVAs and bankruptcy). As a regulated financial business, an adverse financial history could impact your suitability for the role. If you are aware of anything that could affect your suitability for the role, please let us know.