We are continuing the development of our in-house investment platform and administration service into one that is best-in-class and delivers the best experience possible for our customers. The administrative team continues to grow both in size and complexity as we work with the wider company on several new initiatives. As a result, we are looking for someone from an audit, consulting, or operations background with experience in management to provide leadership support to our brilliant Investment Operations Team. This would be an exciting opportunity for someone to engage with new technologies and to challenge legacy industry approaches in order to prioritise customers.
Our Investment Operations team provides administrative services for cash and investment products, inclusive of a SIPP, and we are looking for someone who likes solving problems, growing people, enhancing processes, and is excited about this great opportunity to be part of the future of Moneybox.
What you’ll do
You would be responsible as team lead for 5-10 members of the Investment Operations team and would work very closely with them as well as with other operations, finance, and technology team members. This role be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Oversight of daily operational processes, inclusive of checks of critical transactions and instructions.
- Line managing the Investment Operations team.
- Fielding a high volume of daily operational interactions from the team and building their knowledge and confidence to become increasingly autonomous.
- Co-ordinating across teams to drive the resolution of edge cases, errors, or breaches and working with the teams to identify strategic improvements and changes as a result.
- Reviewing and approving activities as part of our controls, inclusive of error write-ups and root cause analyses, reconciliations, compensation calculations, and daily withdrawal instructions.
- Co-ordinating audit responses and evidence for the Platform Team to our internal oversight function.
- Growing and enhancing our controls in line with best practice and new rules.
- Harmonising operational approaches across our different administrative areas.
- Interacting with external parties in support of the team and escalations, such as Ceding Providers.
- Managing the day-to-day relationships with internal oversight teams, such as Finance and Compliance.
- Developing useful operational MI and dashboards in support of team development and governance.
Who you are
- A driven, ambitious individual with a Financial Services background who is looking to build their career at an exciting, fast-growing FinTech.
- Interested in growing and mentoring highly intelligent and ambitious people to achieve their potential and love their work.
- A naturally personable, highly empathetic, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with.
- A highly detail-orientated individual with a diligent and methodical approach.
- Interested in providing an excellent operations service and developing it to be the best it can be.
- Adaptable and flexible, for those times when things do not go to plan.
- Comfortable interacting with senior management, oversight functions, and third parties.
- Excited about being part of a company that is trying to make a positive mark on the world.
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook.
Experience and skills
- University educated with at least one degree.
- Previous experience line managing multiple people or a team.
- Preferably knowledge of ISA, LISA, and SIPP rules and regulations.
- Preferably knowledge of financial markets and investments.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with good Excel skills.
- Great communication and listening skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below. We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org