Moneybox is growing rapidly, and our Insight, Data & CRM team is no exception. We have more users, more accounts, more content and more features than ever before. A key driver of that growth has been our ongoing commitment to use data to deliver the best service for our customers and to power our business operations and we have more to do!
As we build out our capabilities in personalisation and in ensuring relevance to our customers based on their financial journey and goals, we are looking to hire a lead for our decisioning efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in a mission driven culture. They will excel at rapid iteration, designing systems, spanning working groups and building a solid plan to deliver on our ambitions in this space.
The core of the role will focus around Next Best Action modeling and building out our data science and machine learning capability in this space. Building, measuring and optimising the system that determines what the most beneficial next action for a customer is and evaluating how well our internal delivery engine is doing at encouraging those next best actions to be taken by our customers. The lead in this area will take Moneybox on the next steps to unlock real value for our customers by helping them to achieve their goals.
Working at the intersection of technology, data science and commercial insight the Decisioning lead will be responsible for designing the decisioning system to deliver against Moneybox’s framework and commercial strategy for optimising customer experiences and helping them to build their wealth and achieve their goals.
What you’ll do
As the Decisioning Lead at Moneybox you will design, build and own our decisioning engine which determines the Next Best Action for a customer and helps them to see the right content, messaging, features to help them to take that action. Taking an experimentation and outcome led approach, the ideal candidate will be passionate about continuous improvement and delivering real action and outcomes.
- Work with the wider business to determine the right metrics to optimise the Next Best Action system against
- Structure and lead the team to build and maintain the models that underpin the decisioning on Next Best Action
- Build on the framework of the decisioning system, determining the right tools and technologies to use to optimise the system and future proof the deliver in this area
- Work with our data engineering colleagues and Azure, databricks, dbt and other technologies as needed to establish our decisioning system
Who you are
- Genuine interest in Moneybox and the services we offer. Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world by helping everyone reach their financial goals
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to continue to build their career at an exciting, very- fast-growing company
- A proactive self-starter who combines a bias for action, comfort with ambiguity, is extremely organised with a high attention to detail and has a willingness to learn and solve problems independently
- Adaptable and flexible, for those times when things do not go to plan
- Outgoing and confident outlook with a willingness to start conversations with people and get stuck in
- Collaborative team player who is able to take feedback on board
- Naturally personable, great communicator who has a passion for their work and the people they work with
- Knows how to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook
Experience and Skills
- Experience delivering decisioning at scale in a B2C business with a desire to do it again and own the agenda
- Experience as a data scientist or machine learning engineer
- Experience building and leading teams of data scientists and / or engineers
- Capable of communicating complex ideas simply and convincingly
- Knowledge of up to date data technologies and good experience in Machine Learning, Data Science and Automation, both the technology and opportunities
- A strong collaborator, able to work with different teams across the business to address dependencies, risks and issues and deliver the optimum outcome for our customers
- A strategic thinker, with an ability to look at and shape the big picture, but also able identify short-term action for quick wins
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- Personal L&D allowance AND full access to Udemy
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays