The Customer Operations Team Supervisor will provide line management, professional guidance and support to a small group of executives in the team alongside a focus on the daily management of tasks. You will be the line manager for your team and your main responsibilities will be those daily tasks, your team’s well-being and individual goals, and working with the wider team on improvements that can be made in processes and customer interactions.
As a Supervisor you will act as a coach and conduct performance reviews along with weekly 1-1’s with Customer Operations Executives, focusing on improving their skills and overall performance. You will have the necessary knowledge to answer and triage all queries in the general queue of queries.
You will also be able to step in and help out wherever needed and act as a duty coordinator on a daily basis with the support of other supervisors. You will work closely with all other supervisors across teams in order to ensure that resources are fairly distributed for the best customer outcome that day.
The Supervisor role will require you to be in the loop with all company changes, roadmaps and the delivery of targets and goals in the relevant mission teams. You will work closely with the Customer Operations Team Lead, Managers and other supervisors to provide structure and guidance to develop and maintain a high-performing team.
What you’ll do
Working closely with the Lead, Managers and other Supervisors with supporting the team daily, this role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Organise weekly 1-1’s with team members to discuss their progression and development
- Monitor customer interactions with team members via Intercom and phone calls where necessary and generate reports for the Compliance team
- Assist with recruitment by monitoring staffing levels, evaluating applications, and interviewing candidates
- Run coaching sessions with existing team members on best practices and customer service as well as train and onboard new team members
- Conduct team meetings
- Focus on queue management and delegate tasks across the team appropriately as Duty Coordinator
- Maintain professionalism “on the floor” and encourage team members to be focused and motivated
- Act as the initial point of escalation and follow up on this accordingly
- Continue to interact with current and potential customers through Intercom to address any queries they have
- Understand where any niche issues and complaints should be escalated to and own the issue
- Take ownership of escalated complaints by providing summary resolutions and provide assistance to vulnerable customers
- Identify issues from common customer queries and notice when things don’t look right and make plans for improvements.
- Provide assistance across all areas of Operations when needed (training, content, intercom, etc.)
- Assist the team lead in the development and implementation of progression frameworks for the Customer Operations Team
- Proactively look for ways to improve current processes and help to create or improve best practice guides
Who you are
- You’re a natural people person, eager to lead a team and support them in reaching their full potential
- You work to encourage and promote diversity within the team and provide an open and transparent environment
- You’re an enthusiastic, positive and proactive leader and you come at every challenge with an open-mind
- You’re a sharp organiser with the ability to see the big picture while managing the day to day workflow who can balance this while looking out for the best interests of the customer and team
- You’re communicative and able to argue for your ideas appropriately and professionally
- You value constructive feedback and is able to see it as a chance for improvement to better your skills
- You’re a confident and friendly individual who has experience as a leader, able to clearly explain to customers what is needed of them, whilst providing a great Moneybox service
- You’re a mature, ambitious individual who’s looking to build their career at an exciting very fast-growing company
Experience and skills
- Experience and skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand complex processes and able to explain them clearly to customers and team members
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Great time management skills
- Relevant experience in a similar role;
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in a similar role
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company share options
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below. We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: firstname.lastname@example.org