At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change. Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
As our first Customer Care Team Leader you’ll play a crucial role in the creation of our newest team within Customer Operations and Support. This is a Level 3 role on the People Manager track, and will currently include the management of one other team member within the team for the initial year of formation.
What is the Customer Care Team?
The Customer Care team will be responsible for the complaints handling process across the department, taking on many of the tasks themselves, and overseeing in other cases.
Alongside the complaints, ‘Vulnerable Customer Operations’ will sit with this team. They’ll be responsible for training and oversight of our team members in terms of interactions and escalations with vulnerable customers. Finally, bereavement cases will also sit within this team.
The team will provide both effective training and oversight, as well as clear and accurate reporting of metrics to be able to demonstratively be making improvements for our customers, the team, and the business across all areas. They’ll utilise existing metrics and reporting processes, incorporate new ones, and undertake Quality Assurance checks regularly.
With overview and management of all of the above processes, this team will work to ensure that customer interactions with reference to them is consistently improved, and in a way that is advocating for them. This will include departmental training, as well as Moneybox-wide discussions, feedback and training. You’ll also conduct external research and interaction, to ensure we’re always at the forefront of Fintech capabilities within the teams.
As the Team Leader within the team, you’ll be responsible for a lot of this ‘BAU’ work, aided by a Senior Executive within your team. Your management will therefore not only be management of a specific report – helping them to learn, progress, and perform at their best, but also of the areas you oversee as a whole.
Additionally, the Team Leader role will require you to be in the loop with all company changes, roadmaps and the delivery of targets and goals in the relevant mission teams. Further to this, you will work closely with the Support Team Lead, Managers and other Team Leaders to provide structure and guidance to develop and maintain a high-performing team.
What you’ll do
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following areas. Please note that the below detail the end-state ‘every day’ of the team, but a crucial first stage as a founding member of this team will be the transition of the relevant responsibilities and set-up of the processes over this period(Q4 23, Q1 24).
Once the ‘transition’ and ‘bau’ states are achieved, we’ve detailed some suggested (but again not exhaustive) ‘improvement’ initiatives that we hope to work on to improve each area.
- You’ll manage one senior executive directly to start. You’ll help them with their progression, and work with them to create a high-performing team.
- You’ll also work as a ‘floating team leader’ across all Customer Operations and Support functions, feeding back to team members on their performance with relevance to your area, and training them also. You will conduct quality assurance for all team members within the department as a part of this and will feed back directly to both the Executives and relevant Team Leaders.
- Finally, you’ll be a member of the wider Customer Operations and Support Leadership team, helping to create department-wide improvements, and working cross-functionally on initiatives that impact the team.
- Working on a proportion of summary complaints (50% to begin with) as they come in, as well as the resulting final responses where these are not resolved initially final complaints
- Reviewing other final complaints done by your team member
- On-going monitoring of team interactions and training to try and minimise complaints inclusive of root cause analysis alongside the compliance team
- Constant review and update of current processes and documentation
- Working across all Cops and Support teams to create a culture of complaint feedback and training
- Initiatives to improve key metrics including *summary resolution rate*, *overall EMI:Complaints rate* and *CSAT* with complaints ongoing – including, but not limited to, phone calls, team feedback, training, product feedback, etc.
- Wider company and team understanding and acknowledgement of the area
- Overhaul of the outward-facing complaints policy and creation of customer-friendly processes
- Daily oversight of the Intercom VC queue to ensure all messages are being answered as/how appropriate
- Acting as an escalation and advice point in the VCs Slack channel, giving a yes/no on operational escalations
- Providing continuous feedback and training for the team
- Working with the Content and Comms team to keep providing and updating signposting to customers to enable them to both self-identify and self-serve on any resources required
- Working with third party partners to escalate any early withdrawals where needed
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of changing customer needs and feedback to the compliance team
- Continuous research and evaluation of the industry and FCA guidelines on VCs to create improvements
- Work within the Accessibility forum to keep driving change and improvements within the app, operational models, and initiatives to benefit our most vulnerable customers.
- Manage the operational and customer-focused process involved in bereavements
- Ensure we have a best-in-class empathetic service surrounding this process
Oversight and Metrics:
- Agreeing key metrics for all owned areas, and setting up a formalised reporting system for these for internal forums (eg TL meetings) and company-wide (eg RiskCo).
- We’d like you to retain your Intercom knowledge by ensuring you take part in customer conversations and/or operational tasks at least a few hours a week, meaning you are able to answer complaints with full context.
Our Customer Commitment
- Here at Moneybox, we’re here to help our customers turn their money into something greater. That could be helping them to save for what matters, invest for their future or buy their first home.
- Whatever their reason for joining us, we guarantee a service that’s simple and reliable, that supports them in achieving their goals, and celebrates with them along the way.
- That’s why our commitment to customers is a priority and our customer-facing teams are dedicated to supporting each and every one of them throughout their Moneybox journey.
We RAISE the bar with our service….
- We put customers first. We provide swift resolutions and always try to keep conversations with the same person. We celebrate our customers’ wins and aim to provide an excellent standard of service.
- We listen to our customer’s and advocate for them at each step of their journey. We have established systems to share customer feedback, and likewise, act on their behalf during testing of new features.
- We work honestly, fairly and with our customer’s best interests in mind. Where possible, we provide extra support to those that may need it, especially in cases of accessibility or vulnerability.
- We are clear and simple. No complicated jargon, just straightforward conversations to make sure you fully understand our products and services.
Expert App Knowledge:
- We provide the information to help customers achieve their goals. We encourage team learning and development to ensure our customer-facing teams are experts in the app, and their fields.
Who you are
- You’re ready for the challenge of setting up a new team, and prepared to work with many stakeholders, as well as autonomously.
- You’re able to pick up and adapt to existing processes, as well as provide focused ways to improve them
- You’re able to command the respect of fellow team members, even when not their direct report
- You are passionate about improving customer experience within Moneybox, especially with reference to complaints and vulnerable customers
- You work to encourage and promote diversity within the team and provide an open and transparent environment
- You’re an enthusiastic, positive and proactive leader and you come at every challenge with an open-mind
- You’re a sharp organiser with the ability to see the big picture while managing the day to day workflow who can balance this while looking out for the best interests of the customer and team
- You’re communicative and able to argue for your ideas appropriately and professionally
- You value constructive feedback and is able to see it as a chance for improvement to better your skills
- You’re a confident and friendly individual who has experience as a leader, able to clearly explain to customers what is needed of them, whilst providing a great Moneybox service
- You’re a mature, ambitious individual who’s looking to build their career at an exciting very fast-growing company
Experience and skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand complex processes and able to explain them clearly to customers and team members
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Great time management skills
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Internal hires: This role is available to all current Team Leaders and Managers within the team, as well as senior executives looking to step-up.
- External hires: Minimum 1+ years of experience in a similar role
- Monday to Friday shifts
- Shifts are 9 am – 5:30 pm. Additional overtime hours are also available.
- This role can be fully remote within the UK or hybrid (2 days in the London office per week)
- Please note that the tax year black out for this role would be the month of April.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Gympass subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Personal L&D allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
At this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
We have a hybrid policy that includes 2 days from our London office and 3 from home. Candidates wishing to work on a fully-remote basis must be based within the UK.
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com
Your application will be subject to criminal record and adverse credit history checks (such as CCJs, IVAs and bankruptcy). As a regulated financial business, an adverse financial history could impact your suitability for the role. If you are aware of anything that could affect your suitability for the role, please let us know.