Moneybox is the award-winning app that helps you turn your money into something greater. We’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services all together into one simple app, so it’s easier than ever to achieve your goals and build wealth, whatever your starting point.
This is a newly created position driven by Moneybox’s exceptional growth. The Head of Treasury will be instrumental in driving treasury strategy and delivering best in class operations and governance. Treasury at Moneybox isn’t just about managing banking counterparties, it’s about leveraging technology and financial products to optimise liquidity and commercial return within a given risk appetite. Assisting and challenging product development, helping set the company’s strategic direction, and delivering quality coaching to get the best out of your team.
What you’ll do
Being a Head of at Moneybox doesn’t just mean you own and manage your function, it means you play a vital role in helping define strategy through cross-functional steering committees, quarterly planning meetings, and management committees. Moneybox has thrived owing to its strong culture; as a Head of, you are core in helping maintain this culture through living and promoting the Moneybox values.
The role is a trusted advisor to the Finance Director, but also has direct exposure to our Chief Executive Officers and Chief Operating Officer. This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- End to end ownership of the Treasury function, including managing and being a role model for the team
- Overseeing the management of the company’s day-to-day treasury operations
- Advanced liquidity management of both client and corporate funds; involves leveraging technology and complex behavioural data modelling
- Designing, implementing, and reporting against key operational and governance KPI’s
- Utilising technology to automate manual processes, increasing accuracy and efficiency
- Developing and cultivating our banking and counterparty relationships
- Maintaining the Treasury Risk Framework, Treasury Policies and Procedures, and Controls Framework
- Working closely with the CASS and Trust team to ensure compliance with regulation; term deposit policies, diversification, and due diligence
- Ownership of applicable regulatory reporting, such as ICARA and MIF
- Working and advising senior management on funding plans, M&A, IPO, etc
- Key member of the Treasury Management Committee
Who you are
- Comfortable working independently but also thrives working in a team environment
- A driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to build their career at an exciting fast-growing company
- Strong commercial acumen, with an attention to detail
- Able to drive issues through to resolution
Experience and skills
- A relevant qualification such as an ACT, ACA, CA, CFA
- Experienced in managing the effective investment of large cash balances
- Comfortable with large data sets and making commercial decisions
- Worked in a regulated environment, ideally experience of either; ICARA, ICAAP, or ILAAP
- Experience working with CASS Client Money
- Experienced in managing and supporting development of a team
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious business.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Company shares
- Company pension scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Home office furniture allowance
- Personal Annual Learning and Development budget
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Cash Plan (cashback on visits to the dentist & opticians etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription to a variety of gyms and wellbeing apps
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with additional days added with length of service.
This is a hybrid role. Our office is in London, by the Oxo Tower
At this time we cannot offer visa sponsorship for this role and we cannot consider overseas applications.
We have a hybrid policy that includes 2 days from our London office and 3 from home. If the role states it is either hybrid or remote candidates must be based within the UK.
At Moneybox, we promote, support and celebrate inclusion, diversity and equity for all, so that everyone can bring their full selves to work. We believe that diversity drives innovation, and that if our team is representative of our community of customers, we can better support their needs. To ensure our recruitment processes provide an equal opportunity for all applicants to succeed, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments that we can make. We are open-minded and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure all applicants can present their full self and potential
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com