How can I connect an HSBC account?
Moneybox can only connect to HSBC for round ups using the password login option – i.e. not your Secure Key. If you normally log in with your password then you should already have everything you need.
When first creating your HSBC account, you will have created a password. If you have forgotten this password, follow the instructions to change your password.
Changing your password
- Log in to the desktop version of HSBC online banking (doing this on a mobile device is much more difficult as some buttons are small and difficult to select).
- Click the ‘Update’ button in the ‘My details and preferences’ section
- Click ‘Change password’
- Create a new password and then confirm that password by re-entering it. Using your Secure Key, generate and enter a security code as shown, and then click ‘Update’.
- Click ‘Continue’ to be taken back to your account overview.
- Finally, to ensure that it’s all working, you may want to log out and in again with your new details using the ‘Without Secure Key’ option.