The February Round Up
Every day, we’re getting closer to helping you bring together your old pension pots and take control of your financial future 🎉
Here’s a quick update on our progress so far:
- We’ve been approved by the FCA to offer pensions to Moneybox customers.
- We’ve built all the infrastructure and processes required to make it possible for you to transfer in your old pensions with Moneybox.
- We’ve designed the pensions experience in the app.
- We’re now working on the initial funds we will offer for our pension. The first two funds will be: Fidelity Index World fund – this fund aims to achieve long term growth by tracking the performance of the developed global stock market. BlackRock LifePath Retirement funds – this range of funds aims to optimise your investment allocation over time based on when you plan to retire.
- A little further down the line we will also offer an Old Mutual MSCI World ESG index fund which considers environmental, social and governance factors in its selection process.
- We’ve started the first phase of our pensions beta.
We look forward to sharing more information with you over the next few weeks!
Pick up smart and simple tips to help you stay on top of your finances with these new articles.
- You’re happy to share a bed, a house, a life, but are you happy to share your money? Join Lucy Mangan for a discussion about monogamy’s most unromantic questions.
- Brush up on your investing knowledge with these five must-reads and become a more confident investor.
Moneybox Academy 🎓
Learn key investing concepts to help you make good decisions about your money with these four lessons from the Moneybox Academy.
- Wrap up your investing – To encourage more of us to save and invest, the government gives tax breaks that you can ‘wrap’ around your investments. Here you can find out more about them.
- A simple way to invest – Funds enable you to pool your money with other investors, in a range of asset classes, at a cost far lower than doing it yourself. Check out the key benefits here!
- Low cost wins the race – You’ve decided you’d like to invest in shares for the longer-term, in a managed fund. There’s one more choice you have to make – whether to invest in an active or passive fund…
- Automate your investing – The best way to ride the highs and lows of life as an investor is to have a plan and stick to it.
In the news 📰
- We were featured on This Morning by Jasmine Birtles who shared her tips and tricks on how you can save money when you don’t have any.
- “Investing is shaking up its image with a range of apps for millennials.” Read about how paying into an ISA in your twenties can soon add up to something life-changing in this article from The Times.
We’re excited to announce our partner brands of the month. Shop with them and many others and you’ll receive rewards directly into your Moneybox account:
- Blow – Expert beauty services at home. When you purchase a service, Blow will add £10 into your Moneybox account. On top of this they’ll give you £10 off your first service.
- Grüum – Seriously good shave and skincare solutions for every bit of everybody. When you purchase your first shave set you will get a £10 reward, plus you’ll get £10 off.
We hosted an Investing 101 event at WeWork! We had some great discussions about the stock market, why you should consider investing and how to think about risk. Here are some slides that give you an overview of the big ideas.